Lothian & Borders Police
Lothian and Borders Police A Division (City of Edinburgh)
The purpose of Lothian and Borders Police along with its strategic partners is to:
- prevent crime,
- keep the peace,
- protect and reassure the community,
- uphold the law firmly and fairly, and
- pursue and identify those who break the law
The current priorities for the City of Edinburgh A Division are
- Public Protection - We will deliver safer communities through effective partnerships to tackle the causes of crime.
- Drugs - We will focus on intelligence gathering and focused proactive enforcement operations and, in conjunction with our strategic partners, promote intervention strategies and health and diversion activities.
- Violence - We will identify and analyse levels of criminality and problematic behaviour, as well as targeting hotspot areas in a proactive manner to provide positive reassurance.
- Terrorism - We will strive for the continual development of intelligence relating to terrorist networks, in conjunction with the developing of and the maintaining of links within the local community
- Antisocial Behaviour - We will reduce the incidences of antisocial behaviour in communities and through partnership working promote positive social behaviour
- Serious and Organised Crime - We will identify and prosecute crime groups working in the City to assist in the early disruption of their criminal enterprise.
Inspector Alwyn Bell
St.Leonards Police Station, 14 St.Leonards Street, Edinburgh,
Lothian and Borders Police