More About Us
South Central is a one of 12
Neighbourhoods within 5 Community Planning Areas within Edinburgh.
It comprises of two of the 17 Multi-Member wards which were created
in May 2007 as part of the Local Government elections
Details abstracted from the 2001 census indicate that there were
65,400 people living in the area at that time, and undoubtedly this
will have increased.
The South Central Neighbourhood Partnership exists to achieve the
best quality of life possible for the people of the area by
accessing, aligning and targeting resources.
The aim of the South Central Neighbourhood Partnership to achieve
an inclusive community
• Where people are able to participate in community life
• Have influence over decisions affecting them
• Are able to take responsibility for their communities
• Have a right of access to appropriate information and
• Have equal access to services and facilities.