More About Us
South Central is a one of 12 Neighbourhoods across
the city. It serves two Council Wards;
Ward 10 Meadows/Morningside and Ward 15 Southside/Newington
and covers a diverse area of the city from roughly Dumbiedykes
to the Braids east/west and the Festival Theatre to Cameron Toll,
Details abstracted from the 2011
census indicate that there were 67,388 people living in the
area ie 34,165 in Ward 20 and 33,223 in Ward 15 all with differing
needs and aspirations.
The South Central Neighbourhood
Partnership exists to achieve the best quality of life possible for
the people of the area by accessing, aligning and targeting
The aim of the South Central Neighbourhood Partnership to achieve
an inclusive community
• Where people are able to participate in community life
• Have influence over decisions affecting them
• Are able to take responsibility for their communities
• Have a right of access to appropriate information and
• Have equal access to services and facilities.
2011-2014 Local Community
The 2011 - 2014 Local
Community Plan can be viewed or dowloaded here.
The report showing the achievements of the 2011 - 2014 Local
can also be viewed or downloaded here.